Wednesday 17 June 2009

DART Poets' Corner


I took the dart into town recently and stumbled by this competition advertised. It doesn't seem to be on the irish rail website but askaboutwriting.net also picked it up. I love reading the poems displayed on the Dart and would relish the idea of one of mine zooming up and down the line. I'm definately going in for this.

Prize: Three winning entries will be displayed on DART trains and on station platforms, and €500 each will be awarded to the winning poets.
Fee: Free!

Judges are: Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin, Louis de Paor and Moya Cannon.

The competition is open to Irish residents and Irish citizens aged more than 18 years.

Poems must be no longer than 19 lines, including line spaces.

Submissions are limited to one poem per author.

The theme must relate to DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) or to rail travel in general.

Post: DART Poets' Corner Competition, PO Box No 16127, D2.

Deadline: August 14th 2009

UPDATE: Here's the link

3 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

Nice one, EW, free to enter and a cool moving metal magazine with a captive audience.Count me in!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ps.If you link to the Irish Rail website from askaboutwriting.net and type 'poetry' into the site search box it provides a link giving more detailed details,if ye know what I mean.

Emerging Writer said...

Thanks TFE. I'm still struggling to write something. 19 lines isn't long at all at all. And I find it hard to write to order/do what I'm told. You?