Tuesday 4 August 2009

Main Stage


Yes, The Poetry Divas stormed the Castlepalooza festival. We played the main stage on Sunday afternoon. If you think there were 2,000 paying guests there and a good few hundred workers, volunteers, security, other artists, that's very large for a poetry reading. OK, so not all of them were listening and the nice lady in the pancake shop had to go to Aldi to get some more eggs and missed it but all the same. They could hear us in the campsite.

We gathered some fans. We had audience participation and waving. One audient even yelled "One More Poem" when we had one more poem to read. How cool is that?! Lots of people came up after and we did a couple of smaller, almost exclusive readings in the campsite as well as rocking the ballroom on Saturday evening.

There was Tiger Beer, cupcakes and even Champagne. So more power to Castlepalooza for having us. We loved it. We loved everybody. See you next year.

The music was good too. Special mention to Project Jenny Project Jan.

5 comments:

mammydiaries said...

Hee Hee! Had to share this. For all the while I've been reading your blog, I've had you in my mind as an old man, albeit a very interesting one who enjoys festivals! After I read your latest blog, I hightailed it to your profile and lo and behold...

Emerging Writer said...

I'm...er...speechless

Padhraig Nolan said...

Sounds great! Well done divas.

Osoneye said...

Ha! Such a small world!
I was busy digging holes and bringing people out of my kitchen, who got, 'lost'. I did hear bits of one poem where someone's mother's hands fell off, but congrats on the 'gig', hope to see ye next year!

Emerging Writer said...

Hi Wilder - That was one of mine. Based on complete fiction. Thanks for dropping by