Monday 9 December 2013

Broetry


Apparently I have an inner Fratboy because I love most of this broetry. The Irish equivalent could be Ladetry (you heard it here first) I wonder what the girl equivalent would be? Suggestions?

Brian McGackin's (aka the "Broet Laureate's") takes a frat boy look at classic poems such as

William Carlos Williams' "This is Just to Say" --

I heard him on a podcast from NPR here. Poetry for dudes.

His book (Available on Amazon ) includes his own originals "Ode to That Girl I Dated for, Like, A Month Sophomore Year," "Why Do Buses Smell?" and "Final Final Fantasy"

Link here and here and a review which discusses the gender bias here

My version
This is Just to Say
I have finished
the chocolate
that was in
the cupboard
and which
you were probably
saving
for Borgen
Forgive me
I was hormonal
so cranky
and so hot

No comments: