Deadline: Sunday, 03rd January, 2016.
From Orla Fay, the editor of Boyne Berries:
What does 1916 mean to you now? Can you picture life one hundred years ago? Is romantic Ireland dead and gone? What would those figures, those celebrated heroes of our past make of Ireland today if they could step out from the shadows? Is this a time to truly reflect? I don't want to put words in your mouth but I'd love to know what you think, what you feel, what you imagine...
I am keen to read work from writers in the Meath area but national and international submissions are also welcome.
- Send up to 3 poems per poetry submission.
- Poems should be no more than 40 lines long.
- Fiction and prose submissions should be no more than 1500 words.
- Please use Times New Roman 12 and single spacing.
- Please include a short biographical note about yourself.
- Submissions should be placed in the body of the email and attached as a word document attachment.
- Submit to email@example.com only.